Thursday, June 19, 2008

Adyson Grace Lewis is here!!!!

Well, I know it has been a while since I have posted so to get everyone caught up this will be a long post!

Adyson graced us with her presence on June 11th 2008.

On Tuesday June 10th my parents flew into town as I was scheduled for an induction on the morning of June 11th. It seems that Adyson was ready to come on that day all on her own anyways. My water broke at about 1:30 in the morning and I went into the hospital at about 2:30. I went into this labor with the goal of going without and epidural due to some problems I had with the one I received after having Brookelynn. I had my friend Mackenzie there to help me through it. I did really good until about 5 centimeters when Dr. Rappleye asked that I be hooked up to some pitocin to help speed things along. After that my contractions got REALLY strong and hard to handle. I asked for some phentinol to help ease the pain. It really helped me to relax and help a LITTLE with the pain of the contractions. It seemed to go really fast after the shot of phentinol, although I could be wrong as I didnt really have a sense of time during all of this, but none the less it seemed like I got to 8 cemtimeters in no time when I got STUCK and the pain was sooooo unbearable and the contractions were lasting 3 to 4 minutes each with nearly no break between them. It turns out that Adyson was face up which was causing all my pain and in order for her to flip and me to get past the 8 centimeters I was stuck at I needed to relax. RELAX?!?! You try relaxing when you are in that much pain! Ha! I asked for the epidural, and it couldn't have come fast enough. So I got the epidural and it took a few minutes to kick in and once it did I was able to relax and I dialated the rest of the way and was able to push! Adyson was born at 11:34 AM and weighed in at 6 pounds 9 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. Even though it was a rough delivery it was worth EVERY ounce of pain!

Adyson is a perfect baby. She was very peaceful when she came out, hardly a peep! And even since we have come home she is still a perfect baby. She is a polar opposite to her sister all the way around from personality to looks!!! I am just so thankful that she is here and healthy and is such a good baby!

Brookelynn is totally in love with her new baby sister! She is an excellent helper, even though her help isn't always needed, but at least she wants to help. She loves to shower her sister with kisses anytime she can as well as try to comfort her with her woobie, bink or bob whenever she makes a peep! It is nice to see that she loves her so much when I was so nervous that she wouldn't want anything to do with her. She does still have her moments though, where you can tell that she is needing a little extra attention, but for the most part she is adjusting VERY well!

As for Ryan and I, I think we are adjusting well. It isn't easy, but it is easier than I had thought it would be. I am just nervous for when Ryan goes back to work....I fear that I will never leave the house!!! It takes a long time just to get ready in the morning!! I guess I better work on my organization skills and GET ORGANIZED!!!! Ha!

Well I hope this was a good update. I will try my hardest to keep up on my posts so everyone can relish in the moments with us as best as possible!!!

2 comments:

Mackenzie said...

It really was an amazing day, and I hope it was worth the pain! you did a great job, and she is a little beauty!!Again, thanks for having me:)

Mackenzie said...

Oh and I forgot, if it is too hard to get ready in the moring, don't worry I don't care if you stink,just come on over!