Friday, May 29, 2009

Hiatus....

Ok..so another 2 months gone....


I am obviously not as good at this whole blogging thing...but I promise to try and work on it...


Not too much stuff to cover, but a few things to tell you about and some great pictures to post!


Since my last post we have moved into our new house, had Easter come and go, a visit from Grandma and Memorial Day. So let's get started!


My mom flew in for the Easter holiday and it was a BLAST. Brookelynn asks about her "mama" EVERY day when she wakes up and tells me "I misser my mama" and can't wait for her to get here again in a couple of weeks... Much to her surprise her "papa" is coming too, she recently found an old photo of me with her papa and carries it around saying "my papa, I miss him" it is the cutest thing EVER!!


Over the easter weekend we were pretty lazy, just hanging out enjoying the nice weather and dying easter eggs, having a visit from the easter bunny and hunting for said eggs, cleaning up our yard at the new house (we LITERALLY had the worst yard on the block...so embarassing) and planting flowers. Also met up with my friend Mackenzie and she took some GREAT photos of the girls with her spiffy new camera!!! Thanks again Kenz, can't wait for the June shoot!!!


Now on to Memorial Day weekend. For the long weekend, also pretty uneventful!! ALL DAY on Sunday if POURED down rain so we were stuck in the house. I took advantage of it and having Ryan home and did LOTS of catching up on sleep!!! Monday was a beautiful day and we were outside for nearly the ENTIRE day, from wake up to bed time!!! Needless to say the kids were completely covered in mess from HEAD to TOE!!! You know it's a great day when my kids get that messy!!!! I worked in my flower bed, weeding and planting new flower seeds and pruning the wild and crazy rose bush that we have and Ryan built a fire pit and he actually completed it in time to use it to make some great treats! When Ryan was a kid he went camping with a friend who instead of making s'mores over a hot fire made bisquits on a stick and then stuffed them with jam! They were delicious and the kids grubbed on them too! You had to fight with Brookelynn to get one!!


Some other things that have happened but that are not centered around the holdays that we have enjoyed are Adyson getting 2 or 3 more teeth, Adyson moving on from the high chair to a booster seat and joining us at the table, Brookelynn saying some new phrases like "you're the best mommy" Adyson is my friend" and my favorite..instead of just saying thank you now she says "thank you for helping me!!" I think she gets this from me because whenever she is a big helper I always tell her "thank you for helping me".


I think that is all for now... Enjoy!

0 comments: